Monday, September 28, 2009

Holiday Hunting

School holidays begin this weekend, the end of a term that has seen my daughter receive 2 letters from her principle, congratulating her on her outstanding work as well as an additional 4 certificates recognising her achievements in various subjects. A long way from the scared little girl of last year.

I am proud of the progress she has made & look forward to the final term of the year to see if she can consolidate the work she has done so far.
This final 3 months of the year cannot go by fast enough for me, but for now I have to think about how I am going to entertain lunchbox & speck for the next 2 weeks. hopefully we will have warm sunny days which always serve to increase the options for fun.

Apart from......

House hunting, silly phrase really as the houses do not hide, but they can be elusive. Finding the right place is a challenge, it has to be large enough for the three of us, it needs to be on a cul de sac or quiet road for safety & preferably somewhere where the neighbours are not party animals.The wonderful thing about renting a property is that if you don't like the neighbours you can just up sticks & move.

I need a place where I can write & produce music in peace, Within walking distance or a short train ride to my daughters school & that is easy for me to get to & from work. Do such places exist in west Auckland ? Fortunately the rental market is thriving here but economic pressures have driven prices up. Not that I am complaining, sometimes stumping up a little extra for what you want is worth it.

Listening to:

Erik Satie
Mozart
Carl Orf

1 comment:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Lunchbox and Spec? What strange names Kiwis come up with! Your kiddies should have had solid Yorkshire names like Brenda and Herbert. I have a bright idea about how to keep them entertained. Buy a few DVDs from the supermarket and stick the children in front of the TV with popcorn and Coke. This way you will be able to get on with your music...