Thursday, September 17, 2009

DEAF ?

Car sound systems, are they not great? Play your music so loud it wakes up the kids & neighbours in every home you pass, because we all need to appreciate how inept your musical tastes are.
Personally I think this is a good thing.

Why is that you ask?

Because if I had the resources I would be putting my money in hearing aids. As a musician I value my ears above everything else. I know the damage that can be done to your hearing from volume in a confined space. So my idea is that everyone who thinks that having the equivalent of a 10,000 watt PA in their car, should be encouraged to do so...They should also keep the windows closed, volume works so much better in a confined space. They should indulge in it as much as they like, they should ruin their hearing forever, because at the end of the day, apart from the fact they never listened to anything intelligent or life changing, my franchise would be there to sell them deaf aids.
Imagine all those stupid deaf people, with their useless car systems, their cheap fashions & poor plastic taste, waiting for my sales person to talk to them, writing prices on a piece of paper, because they cannot hear what you are saying! But you can have it in Chav pink!!
The opportunities to enjoy and savour revenge are wonderful.

Before any of you want to comment in a PC way about my rant, I would like to advise you, my Uncle Jimmy was deaf & dumb. That in no way stopped him from having 3 wives, countless children that even now we are discovering, He never played his music loud. He did however give me big hugs & took me to the pub, with many of his numerous girl friends & wives. My best experience was in a pub in Leeds called " The Wren " where most of the clientele where either deaf, dumb or both....Yet they had a "Jukebox"?

Listening to:

Tracks for my next collection of ambient instrumentals.
Songs to post on LAST FM.
Mott The Hoople
The Editors
Elvis Costello
Be Bop Deluxe
Weather Report
Jaco Pastorious

1 comment:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Sounds like Uncle Jimmy's recreational habits should have made him blind -not deaf!