Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Digital



This is my latest upgrade for my studio, a small, low cost digital recorder.
It replaces my trusty micro recorder & cassettes, which now reside in the Arcane museum of old crap.
This item in my opinion is essential to anyone who wishes to use truly original sounds when recording music.
You never know when you will hear some thing that can be captured, taken back to the sonic lab, deconstructed,twisted & shaped in to something new.

It is also useful for trying snatches of vocal melody before attempting a complete performance or recording spoken lyrics. A binary scrap book. Compared to my old analogue method of capturing these sounds, my new toy has over 35 hours of storage capacity, on board editing & connects to my PC via a USB port.

So I am now truly digital.

No comments: