Tuesday, March 11, 2008

CONTRACT



Hangovers..self inflicted misery, ah but the joys of the night before.
Locally produced Sav Blanc & Chardonnay, it seemed such a waste leaving it in the bottle. I mean it was made to be drunk right ? I have decided that in best Hollywood media speak I have " issues" with alcohol. I mean I do my bit by opening the damn bottle & drinking it, alcohol does it's bit by allowing me to make emotional phone calls to friends overseas, who invited the hangover part along for the ride ?
I don't remember saying I would subject myself to the washed out dehydrated feeling that you always get the morning after. What is that all about ? It is like the small print in a contract, just when you think you are home & dry you check the small print which says... using this product may leave you with nausea, headaches & dehydration. Still it was a very good couple of bottles.

1 comment:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

"Cat's Pee on a Gooseberry Bush" ? How very droll! How typically sophisticated in a typically antipodean way.
Good lord, when I was at university I would occasionally get so pissed up I could hardly walk. Then there was the vomit and the blood, the mysterious bruises and the memory loss, waking up in strange places. Thank heavens my drinking habits are far more sedate nowadays.