Sunday, May 01, 2011

Muse

It has been a productive if somewhat isolated weekend, working on tracks for a collection I started putting together after arriving here in Leeds. I have around seven tracks waiting to be mixed & another three, I am still working on. Potential tracks for the collection are :

Asphalt Ripples
Boiling Deep
Alone
Emotion Imparted
Fever Food
Fractal Shadow Forge
Murex
Soul Zone Detox
Technology Park Time

They are all instrumental, utilising sound bites of spoken word to convey what I want to say rather than writing lyrics & recording vocal tracks. My studio is lacking a good microphone, something I will put right soon, as I start the task of rebuilding, following my departure from The Arcane Enigma studio in Auckland.

I left a lot behind, but it all will be replaced over time.

I began writing "Soul Zone Detox" on the flight out of Auckland, what else can you do on a 36 hour flight ? The rest have put together using the time I now have on my hands. The working title for this collection is " Funky Aluminium Primitive " which suits the musical direction of the pieces.

No comments: