Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Things

I wish "Tonic Water " contained more Quinine, I also think it should have alcohol in it as a right. I wish "Coke" contained its original ingredient. I wish people would be good to each other, I wish Michael Jackson was real...not some plastic white person, but the vibrant black man I saw on the cover of "Off the wall ". I wish people would get over Elvis..He was crap. Many Black Blues players said it all, before a pretty white boy came along. I wish people in television made things that were relevant, informative, educational & not forgetting the need to make us laugh & cry. It can be done, with some imagination and an idea of what " real "people contend with. Reference: Shakespeare, Marlow, Pinter, Shaw, Stoppard, Ayckbourne, Orton ,Osbourne et al.
I wish after all my life of giving to Africa it would stand up for itself. I wish people had homes, food & the right to a good fulfilling life, whatever that might be. I think it is a basic right of every human being in the world to have sex & be loved, intensely. I wish politicians would shut up: I think that at my age the fact I am ruled by arses gives me the right to tell them they are useless. Most thirty year olds dont get to run company's let alone goverments. I wish reality TV was a figment of my imagination. I wish Harry Potter did not exist, so that adults & children picked up books, read & enjoyed them for what they are, rather than a "cult" fashion item.
I wish I lived in a country were art & science were as exulted & rewarded as highly as sport. I wish Kiwis would say the word "Memo " correctly, it is NOT " Meeemo " it is " memo ".
I wish the same amount of money that gets spent on " Defence " was spent on oversea's aid. I wish people would do as he says so Bono would shut up. I wish more people read Arcane Enigma ( fat chance !). I wish I could buy a decent Yorkshire pudding tin in Auckland.I wish that Leeds United & Hull City ( Nod to Mr Pudding there for an ingratiating name check ) can be wonderfull, however I know that no matter what they do they will fail in a Dunkirk kind of way.
I wish Americans would sort themselves out, before trying to tell the rest of us what to do, I wish the United Nations had balls, not much really......

Listening to :

Stupid Michael Jackson memorial crap.....He sang bloody songs, He was NOT the saviour of the Earth, get over it.

1 comment:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

How can you say Leeds United and Hull City in the same breath? We are the top dogs in Yorkshire now and Leeds are little more than a Sunday League team. As for Yorkshire pudding tins... I prefer these new-fangled silicon baking "tins". Now my puddings rise as predictably as an East Riding gentleman's sub-navel appendage. Hot fat and the right airy texture in the pudding mixture are what mainly counts.