Friday, July 07, 2006

SLEEP




I find that as the years pass by I seem to need less & less sleep.

I used to lie awake at night my mind flashing from scenario to scenario as I tried to get back to sleep. The conditioning of my childhood that said “ you are in bed, go to sleep”
Kicked in & I would never get up once I had switched my light out for the night.
These days to hell with all of that. If I wake up at 03.00 am & my thoughts are racing I put the light on grab a book to read until I am settled enough to return to the land of dreams. If I awaken at 05.30 even if it is a weekend I get up nothing feels better than watching the sunrise knowing you have a full day ahead of you.

It has other affects as well, if I feel tired during the day I nap, only for 20 minutes but I find it is enough to sustain me. However I also find I never feel tired at work, the constant demands of moving pieces of freight across the world seem to sustain me quite well during the day. Guess I should put that order for the zimmer frame in right now !!
I must be turning in to my Grandfather Eeeeeeeek !

Listening to

Artic Monkeys
Frank Zappa
Billl Nelson
Foo Fighters
Big Youth

No comments: