Tuesday, August 09, 2005

MIX



Another weekend passes by & as I try to get over our defeat in South Africa at the hands of the Boks, my thoughts are turning to the arrival of summer. This week I am celebrating my eighth year in New Zealand, my how time passes.

The weekend was spent helping out a work colleague’s daughter & her bands first tentative steps in to performance. It was the first time I had been to band practice in 8 years!! Fortunately I was only mixing the sound for a video.It was still quite a handful with 5 instruments & 5 hand held microphones for the voices. It was even more seat of your pants the next day when having wrestled with an unfamiliar mixing desk I discovered that due to time constraints they were doing the WHOLE thing without a sound check WTF!!!

However it all came out OK in the wash due to the digital camera they were using’s ability to compress all sound in to mud. I did suggest that they let me clean it up a little back at my studio but they just wanted to get their hands on the recording as soon as possible! Ahhh youthful enthusiasm!

Listening to

Curve
Jeff Beck
Brian Eno

No comments: