Monday, November 21, 2005

WAVING


I spent the weekend entertaining my children, always a joy when I have not seen them for a while.
First up, was my company’s Xmas party. This year they hired a fun fair & all rides were free, along with food, drink & presents. The end result was 2 very hyper sugar saturated children.
The next day in an attempt to burn off some of that sugar intake, we travelled to the local wave pool. Living in Auckland were every kind of water activity is encouraged, it is essential that they have the life skill of swimming.

One of the attractions at the pool is an enormous hydro slide which until this weekend, my son Joshua had been too small to try out. Now he has reached the regulation height & with a certain pride I asked him if he wanted to try it. He looked at me with excitement in his 5 year old eyes & grinned a big YES!
Up the stairs we went, higher & higher. Reaching the top Josh jumped forward & when the warning light changed from red to green he was gone in to the abyss.

I followed him down & at the bottom found him looking distraught. I asked if he wanted another ride, he replied that he would rather go back to the main pool.
Ten minutes later we were back queuing for the slide, Josh having forgotten whatever put him off the first time. After his second slide down the tube there was no holding him back: He was there for the rest of the day.

The rest of the afternoon was spent enjoying the All Blacks victory over England. Now with only Scotland left to play we are looking good for a grand slam victory over the home Unions. Only the second time ever the AB’s have done this.
Don’t worry I won’t crow about it too much…….

Listening to
Franz Ferdinand
Fiona McDonald
Bic Runga

No comments: