Wednesday, November 16, 2005

AXE



In yet another attempt to catalogue my obsessions I am going to list my top 5 guitar heroes.
To the fretboard burning community no apologies for my choices which are not based on who has the best technique. The choice is one based solely on the way they move me.

JIMI HENDRIX

Jimi remains my favourite of all time, as was said about him.
“ He took the mud of the Mississippi delta & moved it to Mars.”



JEFF BECK

I first heard Jeff Beck as part of the Yardbirds, He got sounds down on tape that I just didn’t think were made by a guitar.
Even today he is still pushing the envelope & doing it on his own terms.



BILL NELSON


As innovative as Jeff Beck, but severely underrated by the music business. A true maverick who does it all himself & a fellow Yorkshireman to boot.



PAUL KOSSOFF

Koss could state in 3 or 4 notes what it takes some guitarists to say in their entire careers.



ROBBEN FORD

Love this guys work, anyone who gets to play with Miles Davies & Joni Mitchell has to have something special.



There finished, now its your turn

Listening to
The Finn Brothers
Danny Elfman

No comments: