Tuesday, October 02, 2012

More Gone

On Friday I was at " The Olive Tree " in Headingley to say goodbye to yet another team mate Lewis who is taking up a post as a researcher for a professor of American literature in Belgium.

He will be missed, especially his pedantic and always funny critiques of my responses to customers.

On the bright side this is a welcome opportunity to visit Belgium and try their extensive range of mind bending beers.

It was a wonderful night, full of talk and for a change rich in subjects that did not involve work. There is no better time spent than ; eating good food, drinking lots of ( now I have seen my bank statement ) expensive wine, enjoying the conversation of good friends and enjoying the moment, by that I mean sharing the event with someone close.

I know I will see Lewis again, if only to have my poor use of the English language yet again slaughtered. I wish him every success in the future.

No comments: